5.14.2010

I love the smell of INSPIRATION in the morning...


Happy Friday!

Do you ever wake up in the wee hours thinking about a card design? Well, I am not used to having my slumber interrupted by visions of cards dancing in my head. Today, I woke up with this card in my head. See, it all started yesterday when I finally took the last box (the ones I packed almost two years ago when I moved to Savannah) of craft supplies out of my car and opened it. I thought is was just a box of paper, but I was wrong. I found Thickers, stickers, ribbon, and a good bit of American Crafts patterned paper. What's scary is the fact that I still have more boxes in my parents storage room.

I opened the box, and immediately sat down to watch TV. My mojo was not kickin'. It might have been the big dinner I had with friends that put me in a little food coma. I had what you would call a delayed reaction because this morning, I was INSPIRED. I'm feeling good about making this card (and liking the final product), showering and still getting to work on time. For a minute, I debated the shower.

The sketch I used is from Card Patterns. I also used products that were over a year old so this works for the Cards Blog. Plus, it is a Thank You card, so I think I will submit it for the PaperCrafts' Magazine Gallery Idol Open Auditions.  Oh, did you notice? NO STAMPS! Rarely do I make a card without stamping. Watch out, I am living on the edge, today. Check out the flower, so many layers and pearls. Love it!
 
Thanks for stopping by Asleep on the Couch. I'd love to hear from you so leave a comment or ask a question. 

Have a great weekend!

Links:
Card Paterns
Cards Blog
PaperCrafts' Magazine

Details: 
Stamps: NONE
Ink: Chamomile (PTI)
Paper: a la Carte (AC Patterned Paper), Clear Acetate (Grafix), Paper Frills Bumblebee (Doodlebug Designs)
Other: Sprinkles Cucumber (AC Thickers), Decorative Trim (Hobby Lobby), Pearls (Michael's), Labels 1 (Spellbinders)

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful Sally! I love the clear base- I never seem to reach for those and it's such a great effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome - love the bright colors! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out this post. Hope you have a great day!