6.25.2010

CARDS and Paper Crafts all in one...


Happy Friday! I am not sure if it is obvious, but I am suffering a slight creative block. When I sit down to make a card, I feel less than inventive or successful. Apparently being Moxie Fab zapped my mojo. Alas, I seem to have found some creative juices this morning because I got up and made this card for the CARDS Blog challenge to use hat pins. Also, I used the current Paper Crafts Magazine sketch. I hope it is not an industry no-no to combine challenges from the two different publications.


This is probably the sparkliest (Is that a word?) card I have ever made. STICKLES galore! I was covered in glitter by the time I finished. I lost track of time and I may not be as showered as I usually am when I go to work. Oh, don't judge me. I am sure you have had to douse yourself in body spray and get in the car at some point.  

A few things about this card. The fireworks patterned paper I made using the glittery fire works images from Sugarplum Paperie and the striped paper is from Kellie's Kreations. Aren't you impressed? I mixed some digital elements into this card. I cut the frame out of clear card stock with my spellbinder's nestibilities and covered it with Stickles. I do not own any hat pins, so I just made my own using straight pins and the small stars. That should cover all the neat-o-keen parts.

Notice the new CHA count down at the top of the page. I am SOOOOOOO excited. Booked my flight yesterday and now I have to do some searching for a cheap hotel.  Where are you staying?

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my latest creation. I'd love to hear from you so leave a comment or ask a question. 

Happy Day!

Links:

Details: 
Stamps: Expressions (KI Memories)
Ink: Antiqued Linen, Tea Dyed (Ranger), Pure Poppy (PTI)
Paper: White card blank (Michael's), Clear card stock, Stamper's Select (PTI)
Copics: Clear (Spica)
Other: Xmas Red, Turquoise (Stickles), Yellow Gold (Martha Stewart Glitter), Lipstick Twine (Gartner), Threading Water (Fiskars), Stardust Pen (Sakura), stick pens,

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! This is a really really fun card! I'm just drawn to it. Fabulous work girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great SAlly! I love stickles. The real glitter leaves me in a big mess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! The top "awning" is fab. I've never used body spray in my life, but have totally rushed to work un-showered before lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is a fabulous patriotic card Sally! I'm so glad you could join us as a guest designer @ Creative Belli!
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out this post. Hope you have a great day!