1.13.2010

Better late than never...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I have been so busy thinking of my word for the year Ali Edwards' style and organizing my studio space that I have not posted at all in 2010. It is a shame, I know. Right now, I am working on a new blog banner and some other upgrades. When I organized my studio space, I found so much stuff for blog candy. I am working on getting that organized and documented for up coming posts. The sad part is I have BOXES and BOXES of stuff in storage at my parent's house and maybe some at their mountain house. No, I am not a hoarder. If you keep repeating it, you actually start to believe it.


Today, I do have a card to post. The first card of 2010! I am trying to be more involved with one or two of the challenges floating around out there in blog world so I decided to kill two birds with one stone, so to say. As I type this I realize I made a card with a bird theme and no birds. I promise no birds were harmed in the making of this card. I used Laura's sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You and Dawn's color combo from Raspberry Suite Color Challenge. I thought is might also count for the Hero Arts them of the month, Friendship and Valentine's , but I think you have to use a Hero Arts stamp in the submission. Oh well. What do you think? I hope to be back soon with candy and pics of my newly organized studio space.

Paper: Soft Yellow, Aqua Mist , Chocolate Brown and Cream (All PTI)
Stamps: Happy Everything (Stampendous), Bird House (Studio G Series 7), Vol 1, No 1 (PTI)
Ink: Vintage Cream (PTI), Dark Chocolate (PTI), Aqua Mist (PTI), Chestnut Roan (Colorbox chalk), Tuxedo Black (Momento)
Copics: YG0000, Y0000, Y13, Spica Lemon, B0000, B18
Stickles: Yellow
Tools: Paper Studio Punch, Fiskars Texture Plates, Cuttlebug embossing folders

By the way, I got a new camera for Christmas. Not the one I wanted, but better than what I had. In this day and age, I am not complaining. So, hope the picture is better for your viewing pleasure!

Happy day!

7 comments:

  1. What a cute card! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love that little birdhouse.
    kara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card! Love the embossing and little bird house! Too cute! Thanks for playing along at 2S4Y! :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! love, love, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suuuuuper cute! thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out this post. Hope you have a great day!