3.25.2010

Gossip, 2S4Y, and Embellish Magazine

Hello all!
I wondered why my inbox was blowing up with blog candy comments and then I saw the email from Craft Gossip.com. They posted about my blog candy; link is at the top of the page if you have questions! SO excited to get the word out to others that I am hosting a blog candy challenge. All I want to do is share some craft love and encourage creativity. OK. I admit. I do feel cooler now that I have been on Craft Gossip.

Last night, I spent the evening talking on the phone with my BFF and making this card. This is a double whammy for 2Sketches4You and Embellish Magazine. Set a craft goal yesterday, and accomplished it. Now if I could just do that in my work life, personal life...back to the important stuff.

I tried a some new things on this card. At one of the numerous blogs I visit each week, maybe even one from the JustRite blog hop, the card maker noted that she did not fully ink up the stamp. I liked the result, so I tried the technique on my card. Also, Debbie Olsen recently did a tutorial on how to color white silk ribbon with Copic refills. Well, I have no refills, so I colored the whole ribbon with R29 and put it in a plastic bag added a couple drops of colorless blender and smushed it around achieving much the same effect as Debbie. Finally, I had nothing navy in my paper stash so I used PTI Enchanted Evening to ink white card stock to make myself a sheet of dark blue paper. I left a little white peeking through and you can see that in the punched edge. All and all, I am pleased with the end result. I even like my blue and green poinsettias.
 
This week I have spent some time fine-tuning a new weekly posting I plan to host. Not a challenge, but a way to toot your horn and show off a little. Still getting the kinks worked out, but I hope to roll it out next week.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my latest creation. I'd love to hear from you so leave a comment or ask a question.

Happy Day!


Links:
Craft Gossip
2S4Y
Embellish Magazine
JustRite
Debbie Olson
PTI

Details:

Stamps: Peaceful Poinsettia (PTI), Majestic (American Craft),


Ink: Frost (VersaMark Dazzle), Pure Poppy, Enchanted Evening, New Leaf, Chai Blend (PTI)

Paper: Bank Roll (Bazzill), Stamper's Select, Kraft (PTI)

Copics: R29, 0

Other: Oyster Twine (Gartner), Green Grass Pearl (Queen & Co.), Button from stash, Double Loop Punch (Martha Stewart)





8 comments:

  1. Festive card! Thanks for playing along at 2S4Y! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Your ribbon turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your "seasons greetings" design. It's very non-Christmas and non-denominational. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on starting your Xmas cards! I love your take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this Christmas card! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out this post. Hope you have a great day!